WORKSHOP: Intro to Silversmithing
- Bangle Making
DATE: Contact Jemica to Discuss
ADDRESS: Meekz HQ
15 Wongara Street
Clayfield QLD 4011
MAKING: 2 bangles
COST: $250 / person
Join me for a fun and creative day, learning how to design and fabricate textured bangles using recycled metals.
The basic silversmithing techniques of bangle making including metal texturing, hand sawing, filing, soldering, sanding and polishing will be explored using a variety of tools. You will have the opportunity to add your own creative touches to your bangles along the way, while learning key techniques and skills.
This workshop will run for 5 hours in which you will be making two pieces.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Recycled Copper, Brass and Sterling Silver
- Apron to wear during workshop
- Gift Box / Pouch to store and take home your creations in
WHAT TO BRING/WEAR
- All necessary tools and materials will be provided on the day
- Pen and paper to take notes
- Enclosed shoes
- No loose items of clothing (as they may get caught in equipment)
- Hair tied back
Workshop Tuition: $250 / person includes material costs and use of all tools
CONDITIONS: Designed for participants aged 16 years and older