WORKSHOP: Copper Tube Ring Making
DATE: Contact Jemica to Discuss
TIME: TBA - 5 hours
ADDRESS: Meekz HQ
673 Lutwyche Rd, Lutwyche, 4030
MAKING: 3 rings
COST: $200 / person
Join me for a fun and creative day, learning how to design and fabricate copper rings, using recycled Copper Piping salvaged from my local plumber. You will have the opportunity to experiment with the size, pattern, colour and finish of each ring to create your own masterpieces.
The basic silversmithing techniques of ring making including metal texturing, hand sawing, filing, sanding and polishing will be explored using a variety of tools.
This workshop will run for 5 hours in which you will have the option of making up to three pieces.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Recycled Copper
- Apron to wear during workshop
- Gift Box / Pouch to store and take home your creations in
WHAT TO BRING/WEAR
- All necessary tools and materials will be provided on the day
- Pen and paper to take notes
- Enclosed shoes
- No loose items of clothing (as they may get caught in equipment)
- Hair tied back
Workshop Tuition: $200 / person includes material costs and use of all tools
CONDITIONS: Designed for participants aged 16 years and older