WORKSHOP: Intro to Metalsmithing
- Cuff Making
DATE: Contact Jemica to Discuss
TIME: 10am till 1pm - 3 hours
ADDRESS: Meekz HQ
673 Lutwyche Rd, Lutwyche, QLD, 4030
At Your Location
MAKING: 1 - 2 cuffs
COST: $120 / person
Join me for a fun and creative day, learning how to design and fabricate cuffs made from recycled metals.
The basic metalsmithing techniques of cuff making including hand sawing, filing, sanding and polishing will be explored using a variety of tools. You will have the opportunity to add your own creative touches to your cuffs along the way, while learning key techniques and skills.
This workshop will run for 3 hours in which you will be making one to two pieces depending on the design chosen.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Recycled aluminium, copper and brass
- Apron to wear during workshop
- Gift Box / Pouch to store and take home your creations in
WHAT TO BRING/WEAR
- All necessary tools and materials will be provided on the day
- Pen and paper to take notes
- Enclosed shoes
- No loose items of clothing (as they may get caught in equipment)
- Hair tied back
Workshop Tuition: $120 / person includes material costs and use of all tools
CONDITIONS: Designed for participants aged 16 years and older