WORKSHOP: Intro to Metalsmithing
- Earring Making
DATE: Contact Jemica to Discuss
TIME: TBA - 3 hours
ADDRESS: Meekz HQ
15 Wongara Street
Clayfield QLD 4011
At Your Location
MAKING: 2 - 3 pairs of earrings
COST: $120 / person
Join me for a fun and creative day, learning how to design and fabricate textured earrings using recycled metals.
The basic metalsmithing techniques of earring making including metal texturing, hand sawing, filing, sanding and finishing will be explored using a variety of tools. You will have the opportunity to add your own creative touches to your earrings along the way, while learning key techniques and skills.
Experiment with raw metals such as aluminium, copper or brass, or get creative with a selection of reused metals including electrical wire, old jewellery, teapots, lamp shades or blinds to make your masterpieces extra special.
This workshop will run for 3 hours in which you will design your own custom earrings.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Recycled Copper, Brass, Aluminiun and a selection of extra metals
- Findings to finish off your piece
- Industrial Glue
- Apron to wear during workshop
- Gift Box / Pouch to store and take home your creation in
WHAT TO BRING/WEAR
- All necessary tools and materials will be provided on the day
- Pen and paper to take notes
- Enclosed shoes
- No loose items of clothing (as they may get caught in equipment)
- Hair tied back
Workshop Tuition: $120 / person includes material costs and use of all tools
CONDITIONS: Designed for participants aged 16 years and older