WORKSHOP: Intro to Silversmithing
DATE: Contact Jemica to Discuss
ADDRESS: Meekz HQ
15 Wongara Street
Clayfield QLD 4011
At Your Location
MAKING: 1 - 2 pieces
COST: $150 / person
Join me for a fun and creative day, learning how to join metal using cold connections.
The basic metalsmithing techniques of riveting will be taught as well as hand sawing, filing, sanding and polishing, to develop a cohesive design. You will explore a variety of tools along the way which will give you the opportunity to add your own creative touches to your pieces along the way.
This workshop will run for 4 hours in which you will be making one to two pieces.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Recycled aluminium, copper and brass
- Apron to wear during workshop
- Gift Box / Pouch to store and take home your creations in
WHAT TO BRING/WEAR
- All necessary tools and materials will be provided on the day
- Pen and paper to take notes
- Enclosed shoes
- No loose items of clothing (as they may get caught in equipment)
- Hair tied back
Workshop Tuition: $150 / person includes material costs and use of all tools
CONDITIONS: Designed for participants aged 16 years and older