WORKSHOP: Intro to Metalsmithing
- Cutlery Ring Making
DATE: Contact Jemica to Discuss
TIME: TBA - 3 hours
ADDRESS: Meekz HQ
673 Lutwyche Rd, Lutwyche, QLD, 4030
At Your Location
MAKING: 2 rings
COST: $150 / person
Join me for a fun and creative day, learning how to design and fabricate rings made from recycled silver plated cutlery.
The basic metalsmithing techniques of ring making including hand sawing, filing, sanding and polishing will be explored using a variety of tools. You will have the opportunity to add your own creative touches to your rings along the way, while learning key techniques and skills.
This workshop will run for 3 hours in which you will be making two rings.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Recycled silver plated cutlery
- Apron to wear during workshop
- Gift Box / Pouch to store and take home your creations in
WHAT TO BRING/WEAR
- All necessary tools and materials will be provided on the day
- Pen and paper to take notes
- Enclosed shoes
- No loose items of clothing (as they may get caught in equipment)
- Hair tied back
Workshop Tuition: $150 / person includes material costs and use of all tools
CONDITIONS: Designed for participants aged 16 years and older